S.I.N :: "Genesis" S.I.N :: "Genesis"

Pace your writing.

The graphics were excellent, the sound quality is in rather urgent need of improvement. My major qualm with this submission is that the plot is too fast paced, it goes from action sequence, to exposition, to action sequence, to exposition, with little or no character development in between. Simply put, you tried to fit what should be 20 minutes of plot development into a 5 minute film, and this creates a piece where information is forced on the viewer at way to fast a rate. Other than the PACE of the plot, the writing otherwise was great!

TANKMAN 4 TANKMAN 4

A disturbing lack of Ketchup.

I'm afriad that, while this may be the greatest creation of mankind this week, I cannot in good faith vote 5 due to a lack of the wonderous red paste of a substance known as ketchup. I therefore, with a heavy heart, vote 4.

Power Star Power Star

Polished and stylistic

While some of the plot was rather weak, (for example, why was he in the ghost house in the first place? Was it a dream? If so, you didn’t explain this well enough.) the visual style really held this movie together. This is a nicely polished piece of work, with rather good voice work and great graphics, considering it was made with mostly sprites. There are a few small flaws which could be corrected, however, such as falling back on the old cliché of an unstoppable hero who suddenly turns evil and, ironically, cannot be stopped by the people he once protected, and the use of guns, tiredly done in Matrix style to battle the Ghosts.

You’ve done the style and animation well, but writing and detail seemed to me to be an afterthought.

anthropomorphism anthropomorphism

A different style, but still so very Matzerath.

It's nice to see you finally produce something that doesn't deal with death, god, or colon cancer. I liked the jittery, POV, camera, as it really served the style here. All of your movies parody some aspect of modern society in some way, and this was no exception. The humor was there, and your attention to humorous detail and subtlety is what makes your movies so great to watch.

Tinman Tinman

Wonderfully stylistic and almost atmospheric.

The choice of music for this movie was perfect, and the colors really contributed to the style and gave it quite good atmosphere in combination with the music. The animation was smooth, and the graphics were well done and crisp, even if the message was somewhat unoriginal. Overall, this was a well done movie, with form above all else.

BlackmarketKraig responds:

Thanks so much, I appriciate the thoughtful criticism.

Yeah, the idea is a little stale, I suppose... hopefully the next time I submit something it will be a little more unique.

Thanks for reviewing and for the great score!
:D

Retarded Animal Babies 12 Retarded Animal Babies 12

Well done.

I was wondering if you would have a reference to #4 int here somewhere. Nicely done. It's refreshing to see more of Cat's uncle and other characters other than the main 5 ones. Despite 12 episodes, you still manage to keep this series fresh. Hope to see #13 in the future!

A New Bunny A New Bunny

Clever commentary via crude humor!

Taken out of context, this movie is nothing more than an attempt at "swears=laughs", but the fact that this pretty much sums up my feelings on the new "Extreme" WB characters completes the package and makes this comedy gold!

Pandamatic (part one) Pandamatic (part one)

I loved this!

You won't find a finer example of work-safe humor anywhere. My favorite joke was when the guy in the blue shirt ripped his shirt off only to reveal a shirt just like it underneath. This was prefessionally done well.

AntonyC responds:

Work-safe?
You looking up Newgrounds during office hours?
It's Robot Hell for you Calcy ol' pal...

The Most Annoying Flash The Most Annoying Flash

I liked it, but it's not complete.

The humor and effort were there, but you missed a LARGE portion of the annoying on the internet and in the media. What about hamsterdance, or badger badger, or senseless music videos hat play to japanese pop songs that contain large amounts of pictures of canadian actor Colin Mockery? You seem to be focusing too much on Numa Numa and not on things that are much more annoying.

Tool-Of-The-System responds:

Shit! I forgot to put Weebl's stuff in there. Actually, I'm focusing on annoying media that people copy in their every day conversation... and Badger Badger is in fact one of them. I'll probably add that in randomly later.

My GOD, Robots! episode 2 My GOD, Robots! episode 2

Excellent animation, poor dialog clarity.

The animation was smooth and high-quality. The plot is decent and of what can be expected from a submission like this. The humor seems to break down into 40% physical humor, 20% jokes that are funny because they are immature, and 40% random humor.

The one qualm I have about this submission is that the dialog is very hard to understand. The people doing the voices seem to mumble constantly, and the volume for said voices has volume that is too low in relation to other sound effects, making it hard to understand what the characters are saying.

Clean up the sound, and you will have yourself one of the better series on Newgrounds!